Not A Word Mentioned About The Loss of Perhaps The Most Dedicated Nudist/Naturist Of the Past Few Generations

Since joining TN it's been my feeling that for the most part the only "True Nudists" are in the site's name. My gut has told me that the majority of people on this site have never been naked outside of their shower or in front of their computer; surely they have never visited nudist venues or attended social nudist events.

Without a doubt, the man most important in the naturist movement in the US since Lee Baxandall has been Morley Schloss. From running Sunsport Gardens, running camps for nude youth, and his activities at TNS' Gatherings he has been (please excuse the pun) a force of nature.

Since his passing I have not seen a single word of mention, let alone tribute, in the forums. Not a word has been said in the chatroom. This confirms my belief in exactly how many on this site are "true nudists".

https://everloved.com/life-of/morley-schloss/obituary/

This topic was edited
RE:Not A Word Mentioned About The Loss of Perhaps The Most Dedicated Nudist/Naturist Of the Past Few Generations

Your post prompt me to search Motley. Yes an incredible leader in the nudest/naturist community.

But I'm betting I'm not the only person on here, outside the USA that hadn't heard of him and have been nude outside my home, socially and in a public space.

So the question - why hadn't we heard of him?

This post was edited
RE:Not A Word Mentioned About The Loss of Perhaps The Most Dedicated Nudist/Naturist Of the Past Few Generations

I knew Morley. I have been going to Sunsport Gardens for years. I doubt it would still exist if it was not for him.

Your right, his passing does deserve more attention.

This post was edited

I knew Morley and had some great conversations with him. I also enjoyed seeing him at White Thorn Lodge during the volleyball superbowl tournaments. He will certainly be missed.

This post was edited

Thanks for sharing. Most people here have very little interest is real naturism and nudism and the incredible leaders like Morley and Baxandall who fought to bring this way of life and public clothing optional beaches to a broader audience. They are more interested in talking about genital jewelry, and seeking sexual outlets at nude beaches. Only a small minority still uphold the nudist values that those men did.

Since joining TN it's been my feeling that for the most part the only "True Nudists" are in the site's name. My gut has told me that the majority of people on this site have never been naked outside of their shower or in front of their computer; surely they have never visited nudist venues or attended social nudist events.Without a doubt, the man most important in the naturist movement in the US since Lee Baxandall has been Morley Schloss. From running Sunsport Gardens, running camps for nude youth, and his activities at TNS' Gatherings he has been (please excuse the pun) a force of nature.Since his passing I have not seen a single word of mention, let alone tribute, in the forums. Not a word has been said in the chatroom. This confirms my belief in exactly how many on this site are "true nudists".https://everloved.com/life-of/morley-schloss/obituary/

This post was edited

I met Morley at an Eastern Naturist Gathering at Empire Haven he was a fierce advocate for a wholistic family oriented approach to naturism as a way of life.

I knew Morley and had some great conversations with him. I also enjoyed seeing him at White Thorn Lodge during the volleyball superbowl tournaments. He will certainly be missed.

This post was edited

I never heard of him but then again I haven't heard about a lot of nudist celebrities or those that pioneered the life style. Some know this and some don't. I have never been to a nude place, function or event because there's nothing like that here in central Illinois and I think about 85 percent or central Illinois nudists are indoor nudist if they don't own private property and I'm one of those indoor nudists when I can. Before someone start listing locations y'all should know I can't drive and travel alone due to health reasons. Info about my health is in the bio. I'm also living with family who are not nudists so most nude time I get is in my room when they are in asleep. Until the doctor clears me for driving and traveling alone I'm just stuck with what I have at the moment. If anyone has questions for me feel free to ask after reading my profile.

This post was edited

I met Morely at one of the Mid Winter festivals at Sunsport. Great guy and such an advocate of naturism.

This post was edited

Since I believe that nudism is something that you ar, like an introvert, rather than something you do, like a recreational activity. I dont think anyone here is qualified to pass judgement on someone elses legitimacy. But I could be mistaken.

This post was edited

Morley who? Never heard of that person! And I've been a naturist for over 44 years. Unlike the author who seems to suggest that those of us on this site might not be "true nudists," let me clarify something. I've been actively sharing my love for naturism with the world through my online blog, www.vince2021.blogspot.com, and have been a member of Clothesfree International for a very long time. I don't just live this lifestyle; I advertise it and share my experiences to entice others to do the same, and maybe even enlighten textiles about the benefits of being nude at home and outdoors.

It's disheartening to see that someone like Morley Schloss, who contributed so significantly to the naturist movement, particularly in the U.S., hasn't been acknowledged here. Running Sunsport Gardens, creating spaces for nude youth, and actively participating in The Naturist Society's Gatherings are no small feats. His passing is a loss to the community, whether or not it's widely recognised here.

But let's not mistake the silence for a lack of true naturists. Many of us live this lifestyle with pride, sharing our experiences with the world to promote the values of naturism, even if it's not always evident on every platform. Morley's legacy will live on in the naturist communities that knew him well, and his contributions won't be forgotten by those of us who truly appreciate what he stood for.

This post was edited

The shift in tone of this thread is an example of adventures in missing the point. Seems we are at a point in time where everyone is more interested in proving their credibility as an individual nudist or naturist than being connected to a broader community and shared values that are fast disappearing at least here in the US. Morley was an incredible man who did a lot to advance naturism. The OP was point out that most people today and certainly on this site get their perception of nudism online and may never have had the occasion to experience much less recognize the contributions of the people like Morley who helped to make nudism at least in the US grow and thrive. Rest in Power Morley your present and principled approach to naturism and the nudist community will be missed.

This post was edited