A clothing optional sauna in Albany??

My name is Roberto, I'm from Germany and for a matter of work I will be in Albany for the next year.
If you know something about sauna tradition in Germany you should know
how we are used to having a sauna; all our sauna are mixed gender and
nude..sometime clothing optional...but the people usually prefer to stay
naked. That is the real and correct way to have a sauna!
I subscribe to this forum not because I'm a real naturist but because my german sauna tradition "make" me a naturist in US :-)
I hope someone could help me finding a sauna that meet my needs.
Any idea?

This topic was edited
RE: A clothing optional sauna in Albany??

Well, there's more than one Albany in the US. But I doubt you will find anything that resembles the sauna culture you have in Germany. Most nudist clubs here have a sauna so check the listings at AANR or The Naturist Society websites. But as far as cities haveing what you are looking for, forget it. We Americans are a bunch of prudes for the most part.

This post was edited
RE: A clothing optional sauna in Albany??

It's not that near to Albany, but still in the same region and could be done as an overnight trip as there is a B&B on premises, the Richmond Sauna in Richmond, Maine has something of what you're looking for. They have year-round wood-fired saunas, both private and a common sauna, and it's clothing-optional, but most people are nude. They also have an outdoor jacuzzi and an indoor pool, the pool is keep cool enough that it's not a chilly plunge after the sauna, but it is refreshing, probably around 70 F. The outside grounds have a lawn that is great for sunning, all clothing-optional. Very nice country setting. Richmond is located just off the interstate highway and it's about halfway between Portland and Augusta. Check the link at my profile under Locations where I've visited. I think that has the link to their website too, or just Google Richmond Sauna, their site has some interesting reading, even was written-up in Yankee Magazine some years ago. And, it's lovely there in the winter too (check my nude snow angel pic on my profile too!)

This post was edited