Hurricane Irene closing Gunnison Beach

I tried going to Gunnison today to find out that the beach was closed due to Hurricane Irene. Does anyone know a web site that tells you when the beach is open / closed? All of my attempts with google search failed, I tried calling 411 for a phone number for the park, but no success.
Thanks for your help.
Wayne
Persistence pays off. I found a web page that has phone numbers: https://www.nps.gov/gate/contacts.htm
One is the ranger's station
They are guessing that Gunnison will be open next Tuesday.

This topic was edited
RE: Hurricane Irene closing Gunnison Beach

Yea closed.....i went there today. i didn't see the sign........there werer cars driving all around, trying to get in another ways lol.

This post was edited
still close

As of friday, 9/2/11, it is still closed! Went yesterday. Doubt it will be open at all this weekend.

This post was edited
RE: still close

I'm planing to go 0n th 10th , durn it!

This post was edited
Gunnison Still closed for this coming weekend 9/9-11/2011

https://www.nps.gov/gate/contacts.htm
this web site gives phone number to the ranger's office

This post was edited
RE: Gunnison Still closed for this coming weekend 9/9-11/2011

The beach is open! The parking lot is closed as is the road leading to it. I walked in up the beach from the fishing area south of Gunnison. I was there on the 10th. There were a few others there also.

This post was edited
RE: Gunnison Still closed on Sept. 14th

I was at Sandy Hook today, and the road is still closed, as is the road to North Beach. So simply went to Beach B to try to get some tan lines...

This post was edited
Oct 1, telephone info says open

I just made a telephone inquiry into the status of Gunnison Beach. He says that Gunnison Beach is open. The roads to the area have been opened. However I have NOT been there to confirm this info.

This post was edited
RE: Oct 1, telephone info says open

Judging from the weather forecast, this coming Sunday or Monday might be beach days!!!

This post was edited