SunnyRest Nudist Resort in Palmerton, PA?

Hi,
I am new to this site, but I have been a nudist for 15 years. My wife and I have been married for 5 years and I have finally convinced her to consider going to a nudist resort. I, however, have never been to a nudist resort either, so I am not entirely sure what to expect. I have been looking into Sunny Rest Lodge Nudist Resort in Palmerton, PA since it is close to where we live. Has anyone been there and what do think of it?
Thanks for your input.

This topic was edited
RE: SunnyRest Nudist Resort in Palmerton, PA?

Hi,I am new to this site, but I have been a nudist for 15 years. My wife and I have been married for 5 years and I have finally convinced her to consider going to a nudist resort. I, however, have never been to a nudist resort either, so I am not entirely sure what to expect. I have been looking into Sunny Rest Lodge Nudist Resort in Palmerton, PA since it is close to where we live. Has anyone been there and what do think of it?Thanks for your input.You got the wrong forum (legal issues), but I will answer your question. Sunny Rest is a great resort, but may not be the best if you are a first timer. It's large, quite crowded on weekends, and does have somewhat of a party atmosphere. It can be a little intimidating for some first timers. Also Leigheton and Jim Thorpe area is another nudist place called Beechwood Lodge. It's more rustic than Sunny Rest, but has a more laid back atmosphere and a indoor pool. More information about Beechwood here.
https://sites.google.com/site/pabeechwood/

This post was edited

and my suggestion would be goodland in hacketstown, nj. low key andmellow.
palmerton is nice but for the first time out.... keep an open mind !

This post was edited

Hi,I am new to this site, but I have been a nudist for 15 years. My wife and I have been married for 5 years and I have finally convinced her to consider going to a nudist resort. I, however, have never been to a nudist resort either, so I am not entirely sure what to expect. I have been looking into Sunny Rest Lodge Nudist Resort in Palmerton, PA since it is close to where we live. Has anyone been there and what do think of it?Thanks for your input.Would it bother you and/or your wife if there are kids (under 18) around? Sunny Rest usually has quite a few kids. This can be a sensitive situation for some people.

This post was edited

and my suggestion would be goodland in hacketstown, nj. low key andmellow.palmerton is nice but for the first time out.... keep an open mind !My husband and I want to go to a resort too. Thought about Sunny Rest, but looking to see where the best place to visit not to far from home, we are in the wilkes barre area and Sunny Rest is not that far away. We never got naked in public and heard about Sunny Rest and we want to go but wasn't sure if we can go bare so we thought going to the beach and easing our way into nudism, it was great only took me about 10 minutes to bare all and it took that long because we hd to set up our blamket and chairs. It was really awesome and now we want to try all kinds of things, would love to go to a club for a few drinks but have no idea where to go to do that.

This post was edited

we where planning on going to goodland this morning..... clouds this morning, 40% chance of thunderstorms
that s**ks

This post was edited

we where planning on going to goodland this morning..... clouds this morning, 40% chance of thunderstorms that s**ksWe can't make it today but would love to give it a try. Does it get busy? Is therre a snack bar or anything there? Or if staying for the day need to pack a lunch how about a place to purchase drinks? Thanks

This post was edited

Hi,I am new to this site, but I have been a nudist for 15 years. My wife and I have been married for 5 years and I have finally convinced her to consider going to a nudist resort. I, however, have never been to a nudist resort either, so I am not entirely sure what to expect. I have been looking into Sunny Rest Lodge Nudist Resort in Palmerton, PA since it is close to where we live. Has anyone been there and what do think of it?Thanks for your input.
I have been to all 3 resorts that have been mentioned in this thread.
We had a sad experience at Sunny Rest the first and only time that my wife went with me to a nudist facility. My wife remained clothed. While I was in the pool, some meathead spoke to my wife and told her about the swinger activities at Sunny Rest. Unfortunately my wife jumped to the conclusion that all nudism is like that.
While Sunny Rest has regained AANR endorsement, there is the matter of what goes on behind closed doors -- I am suspicious of that. At the Saturday night dances at Sunny Rest, most women wear lingerie. Many other nudist resorts frown on that.
Sunny Rest does have a restaurant that serves all 3 meals a day. At Beachwood and Goodland, you are on your own, as for meals. I agree that both Beachwood and Goodland are more laid back and rustic than Sunny Rest. For your wife's first visit, either Beachwood or Goodland would be better, but bring a picnic lunch.

This post was edited

Hi,I am new to this site, but I have been a nudist for 15 years. My wife and I have been married for 5 years and I have finally convinced her to consider going to a nudist resort. I, however, have never been to a nudist resort either, so I am not entirely sure what to expect. I have been looking into Sunny Rest Lodge Nudist Resort in Palmerton, PA since it is close to where we live. Has anyone been there and what do think of it?Thanks for your input.
I have been to all 3 resorts that have been mentioned in this thread.
We had a sad experience at Sunny Rest the first and only time that my wife went with me to a nudist facility. My wife remained clothed. While I was in the pool, some meathead spoke to my wife and told her about the swinger activities at Sunny Rest. Unfortunately my wife jumped to the conclusion that all nudism is like that.
While Sunny Rest has regained AANR endorsement, there is the matter of what goes on behind closed doors -- I am suspicious of that. At the Saturday night dances at Sunny Rest, most women wear lingerie. Many other nudist resorts frown on that.
Sunny Rest does have a restaurant that serves all 3 meals a day. At Beachwood and Goodland, you are on your own, as for meals. I agree that both Beachwood and Goodland are more laid back and rustic than Sunny Rest. For your wife's first visit, either Beachwood or Goodland would be better, but bring a picnic lunch.Catbird,
Beechwood does have a small eatery that serves sandwiches, soups, and stuff like that for a very reasonable price. Their cafe is in the clubhouse.

This post was edited

Catbird, Sunnyrest lost its AANR affiliation for a number of years and supposedly cleaned up the park. IF anything is overt, a written official complaint needs to be made. That's the only way something can be done to get it back inline to what nudism/naturism is supposed to be.
Best, Cheri

This post was edited