Fall Veg Planting

Got a couple of free days to enjoy the cooler weather and put in some cabbage, carrots and greens.Beautiful temps. Mid 80's for highs and 60 for lows. Worked too too much last Fall and Spring to get the yields I'm accustomed to, but not this time. Going to really get my Spring beds prepped over the Winter to maximize next years yields. I need to build a really tall solid fence so I can have access to my entire yard to be textile free as Alabama laws can be tough on the nude.

This topic was edited
RE: Fall Veg Planting - Flowers too??

The Holland flower bulbs I ordered in the spring will be arriving in 4 weeks. Looking forward to getting them in the ground after 6 weeks in the fridge since we don't get a cold enough winter. They have brighter colors after being chilled for 6 weeks. I usually plant the day after Thanksgiving (11/23/12).

This post was edited

I'm in Toronto. Sometimes cold winters. What veg can you plant in the fall? From seed?

This post was edited

I'm in Toronto. Sometimes cold winters. What veg can you plant in the fall? From seed?You can always start the seeds indoors until you can transplant them outdoors.

This post was edited
RE: Fall Veg Planting

Today it was 88 degrees in the north woods and I spent the afternoon working on my raspberry patch. I don't think we have too many more nude days out in the garden this year.

This post was edited