RE: Composing long posts

Have you seen this disgusting display of total disregard for members feelings and sensibilities on the Breast Cancer thread (Comment # **) which clearly demonstrates his mentality. No doubt he would also object to the disaster fun threads as well.

Yes, NOW, you HAVE been flagged.

This site has got along just fine by employing a common sense attitude, moderated by the site owner, and will continue to do so, long after you have gone.
EDIT:
As predicted, this idiot has now been baned.

This post was edited
RE: Composing long posts

Bump!

This post was edited
RE:

You may have noticed that the forums here, do not give you the option of displaying the last post first.
To counter this, and make life a bit easier, some of us have learned how to create a "last page" Link.
This is best placed on the original post, but sometimes if the author doesn't know how to do it, and we
have made a comment quite early, on the first page, we can do an edit and add one there, so look out
for them on the longer threads.

Like most things, it's easy when you know how, impossible when you don't, so, if you have a thread that
is getting a bit long, and you're feeling adventurous, this is how to do it. btw, you will have to edit it and
change the page number manually, as the thread grows.

OK, so go to the last page of your thread, and copy the url in the address bar at the top of the page.
Then, go back to the first page and hit "edit" on your post. (I think it's most convenient to get to,
if you put it in the top right hand corner) So type "((((((( LAST PAGE )))))))" make it nice and big so
it gets noticed. Highlight it, click on bold, and then click on the little chain icon next to the tree. A pop
up form will appear with five boxes in it, paste the url into the top box, where it says "Link url" Ignore
the other four boxes and click on the "insert" button at the bottom, then click on submit, and your done! :)

Like falling off a log! ........... who's going to be first?

This post was edited
RE: Did U Know?

Maybe i am dumb but is there a button that lets you view your own or other people's post history? I find it hard to wade through posts to find my own...after a while I am sure it will get hard lol
Sadly the answer is no, recommend that you create a list of the urls to your posts on a blog like I have.
Don't wait till you have a lot, cos it's a pain to find them.
EDIT:
New solution.
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=444&page=6

You can google your username, e.g. (username site:https://www.truenudists.com) but it won't find all of
them.

It has been suggested before, and hopefully, one day, TT will have time to create it. But for now, it's not
near the top of his priority list.

ps. And btw, there ARE, NO dumb questions :)

EDIT:

Note to self:

MUST LEARN TO TYPE FASTER THAN NudeIN

EDIT #02.

Occasionally, this will bring up a blank page. In that case, go to the browser's address bar, and at the end of the URL, change the number after "...page=" to one count lower. E.g., if it's ...page=21, change it to ...page=20. This should bring up the last active page.

I knew THAT!

This post was edited
RE: Never lose another thread!

I often here people saying that they miss the ability to subscribe to a thread here, and I know I do.
I had this idea for a workaround a while ago, but kept forgetting to do it. I recently managed to get
into the habit, and it makes life soooooo quick and easy, I thought I'd better share it.

Many will already know, that if you want to paste something from word or the net to this forum,
you need to paste it to "Notepad" (or similar) first, and then copy it AGAIN from there, before
pasting it to the forum. Otherwise you will also paste a load of code with it, and it will be almost
illegible.

If you compose elsewhere, spellcheck it and then paste to the forum, you also avoid losing
a long piece of work if it times out, although you can avoid this by opening another window or
using the back button.

I use O.E, so I prefer to compose there, on a new message, and then paste to the forum,
via Notepad. Afterwards, I hit save and it goes to the drafts folder, so I always have a record
of what I've posted. Sounds long winded, but it's pretty quick when you get into the habit.

Now, the really good bit is, if you do that, AND remember to copy the url from the address
bar, of the thread in question, and paste it across the top of the piece you just wrote, you
can just scroll down though the drafts folder and hit the link to see if there have been any
responses, AND, as a bonus, you don't have to remember which forum it was on, or go
through finding the last page, because the link you copied was the current one, it will take
you straight to your post. It is sooooooo much quicker to find threads this way.

And don't forget, although there is no forum search, Windows will "word search this page"
So if you go to a forum list, hit "EDIT" then on the drop down menu, go "Find (on this page)"
and do a word search, you will easily find if a thread already exists, and NOT end up making
yet another one on the same subject.

To search the whole site, including all the group forums, you can search TN for specific words
with google. Just ask it to look for (your word) followed by this (site:https://www.truenudists.com)
without the brackets. For example ...... nudist etiquette site:https://www.truenudists.com

EDIT:

Seven months down the road, and I just searched for "Notepad" in my drafts folder
and found this post in an instant. Then all I had to do was hit the link I'd put on the
top to bring me straight here.

Just love it when a plan comes together!

This post was edited
RE: Never loose another thread!

Thanks Phil, Gotta say that you know your way around this site and always have some good tips.
Jimmiem

This post was edited
RE: Never loose another thread!

Oh bye the way what program is O.E. ?

This post was edited

Thanks Phil, Gotta say that you know your way around this site and always have some good tips. Jimmiem

Oh bye the way what program is O.E. ?
Thanks Jimmie, it's been a long hard two years of trial and error :)

OE = Outlook Express.

This post was edited

I often here people saying that they miss the ability to subscribe to a thread here, and I know I do. I had this idea for a workaround a while ago, but kept forgetting to do it. I recently managed to get into the habit, and it makes life soooooo quick and easy, I thought I'd better share it. Many will already know, that if you want to paste something from word or the net to this forum, you need to paste it to "Notepad" (or similar) first, and then copy it AGAIN from there, before pasting it to the forum. Otherwise you will also paste a load of code with it, and it will be almost illegible. If you compose elsewhere, spellcheck it and then paste to the forum, you also avoid losing a long piece of work if it times out, although you can avoid this by opening another window or using the back button. I use O.E, so I prefer to compose there, on a new message, and then paste to the forum, via Notepad. Afterwards, I hit save and it goes to the drafts folder, so I always have a record of what I've posted. Sounds long winded, but it's pretty quick when you get into the habit. Now, the really good bit is, if you do that, AND remember to copy the url from the address bar, of the thread in question, and paste it across the top of the piece you just wrote, you can just scroll down though the drafts folder and hit the link to see if there have been any responses, AND, as a bonus, you don't have to remember which forum it was on, or go through finding the last page, because the link you copied was the current one, it will take you straight to your post. It is sooooooo much quicker to find threads this way. And don't forget, although there is no forum search, Windows will "word search this page" So if you go to a forum list, hit "EDIT" then on the drop down menu, go "Find (on this page)" and do a word search, you will easily find if a thread already exists, and NOT end up making yet another one on the same subject.

EDIT:

While we are on the subject of searches, did u know? that you can do a Google search,
restricted to -only- this site, by searching for: search term(s) site:www.truenudists.com

For example: sun burn site:www.truenudists.com

It won't find them all, but it's worth a try.

This post was edited
RE: Did U Know?

Did U Know?(((((( LAST PAGE )))))) If you click on "Nudists" (next to Home at the top left) select Sort By "Login Date" go down and click on "Search Anywhere" you can see who is on line, and who's in the chat room. If you go "My Account" "Sent" (in your Contact Manager) you can see if the message you sent has been read yet. Had an A-HAR! ...moment? ....post it here for the Newbies.
Hey Phil I was wondering if you know of some way to go quickly to the last page of any thread? I see that you put a jump button on this one. Is their a way to do it on every thread??

This post was edited