Nude Beaches in British Columbia, Canada

Not to much on this site about BC! I always try to seek out a Nude beach when I go to BC. Wreck Beach in Vancouver is popular.

This topic was edited
RE: Nude Beaches in British Columbia, Canada

Little Tribune Bay on Hornby Island is exceptionally peaceful for suntanning, strolling, and swimming during summer.
It has been called Canada's mediteranean!
I have been there many times and never had a bad day there, however, the ferries to get there are getting pricey and the final boat departs at 6 pm most evenings! Lots of sites to see and things to do, and it is like stepping back into the 60's over there, so bring your tye-dye tee!

This post was edited

I am planning to go to 3mile beach in Penticton BC, then see about a few more places, then on to Wreck Beach.
There is a trail called the Esplanade Trail going to 3mile beach. The BC government even posted signs 'You may encounter nude hikers on this trail'

This post was edited
RE: 3 Mile Nude Beach in Penticton

The City of Penticton is working out the Final Details of what to do with the Situation at 3 mile. It has been used by Nudists for over 80 years. A few property owners are trying to sell their property that overlooks this area being used by nudists. The property owners have posted 'No Trespassing' signs, even though they don't own the beachfront to the High Water Mark.
The City of Penticton has come up with a few options:
-Divide the Textile Beach so that Nudists can have a Section of CO Beach. This is on the North Side of the land that juts out.
-Take the Textile Beach and make it CO, and use the South Side for the Textile Area. This would involve some landscaping(cleanup and sand installed) and more than likely a Staircase from the Parking lot down to the beach, much like the staircase on the North Side. I like this idea the best !
It looks like it's a GO. Once details have been finalized, I will be posting e-mail links for the members of this forum so that they can Thank the People that have Brought This to a SUCCESS ! I want as many members of this forum to do this, even if they have no desire to ever visit 3mile in Penticton BC, Canada.

This post was edited

Well.....being that Vancouver BC, just got voted to be, the 5th Best City in the "Entire World" to live in or to visit.....I would think, that you would be very hard pressed, to find a more Beautiful city or a more Beautiful Nude Beach to visit, then Wreck.Wreck Beach is the ONLY Legalized Nude Beach....in all of Canada.Yes.....there are other Beaches....where you can be Nude at....but....only one Beach ( Wreck ) has been designated Legally, as being a Nude Beach.We basically live at Wreck Beach, on every Sunny weekend that we have, from mid May, till the end of September..and we pinch ourselves every time that we are there.....as to just how Beautiful and Secluded the beach is.....yet.....there is a Major city.....right around the corner, and only just a short gorgeous scenic 15 minute drive away...from where our favourite sun tanning spot is located.You mentioned, that you have been to Wreck Beach before.....so having stated that.... our question to you would be, have you ever checked out the other section of Wreck Beach.....to the North....called Acadia Beach?Up till last season.....Acadia Beach was our favourite spot to head to....on every Saturday and Sunday morning.If you were to have a look, at our Profile pictures.....those beach pictures were taken at Acadia Beach ...as were the Forest pictures.We Loved Acadia Beach for numerous reasons.....the main ones being....there is alway amble parking there....if you get there before Lunch Time....and the walk to the beach .....is really really easy access.....as the Short scenic walk to the beach is totally and completely Flat and Level.Where as the main section of Wreck.......is a pretty steep hike down to the beach, and the walk back up.....after a long day of Baking in the Hot Sun.... well....it clearly duplicates, the same amount of effort and Sherpa's required, for your average Everest expedition. lolYa.....the one major draw back ,of most of these Nude beaches is........the steep terrain, that one must navigate and hike..."Up and Down" .....in order to get to the Nude sections of these beaches.Where as Acadia Beach.......is the most perfect and most Beautiful trek and the easiest walk.....going to and from your car.You might also want to check out the Nude Beach that they have, at Crescent Beach...out towards White Rock.Once again....it is a bit of hike....along the Railway tracks.....but....you just might want to have a look....if....you are in the Vancouver area.Crescent Beach, is about a 25 minute drive south from Vancouver....and is basically right on, the USA / Canada Border.So for any of our American friends, living any where in the areas of Bellingham / Everett / Seattle....you might want to check out the Nude beach at Crescent Beach.......for a Day Trip.Your more valuable American Dollars, will go so much further up here,...so much so.....that a Weekend "Get Away" in Canada......will almost be "FREE", for you! LOLWreck Beach and Acadia Beach.....would definitely get our Votes...over anything else!Just based on the Logistics of getting there, and on their Beauty and peacefulness alone!Who knows....may be we will see you down there, this Summer?We are not all that hard, to miss! lol

This post was edited