Black soles: a badge of honor?

Here's an issue that divides a lot of barefooters: to scrub away the black, or no? Some people don't want to be viewed as "dirty hippies," and make an effort to keep their soles from getting dark. Others embrace it, and have fun seeing just how black they can get.
What category do you, as a barefooter, fall into?

This topic was edited
RE: Black soles: a badge of honor?

South Africa is a barefoot cultured country.85% of our primary schools are barefoot schools,and encourage kids to attend school barefoot.I raised my son both as a nudist and a barefooter. Imyself am an ardent barefooter...I never ever wear shoes at home,or anywhere,except to work...I go to town barefoot,the movies barefoot,to church barefoot,attend my university classes barefoot.....absolutely everywhere barefoot.Black soles are a badge of honor,and I don't scrub away the black...just wash it...your soles must at least have a permanent dark tint,which brings me to my son....once a week he could go to bed dirty,and shower the next morning...weekends,Friday and Saturday,he didn't have to bath,and I loved those dirty little bare feet....and feet should be slightly ...actually...well tinted with dark evidence...don't scrub it away...

This post was edited

I love to see my soles as dirty as possible, but always with clean tops. I shower first thing in the morning, but I hardly ever scrub the black away.

This post was edited

Isn't it amazing how many people frown on barefeet (don't dirty the carpet) yet think nothing of the unwashed scum on the soles of shoes. Barefoot is healthier and cleaner.
Feet are washed regularly - much more often than the average pair of shoes.
Feet with a darker stain are not dirty - just more often in contact with the ground

This post was edited

Isn't it amazing how many people frown on barefeet (don't dirty the carpet) yet think nothing of the unwashed scum on the soles of shoes. Barefoot is healthier and cleanerI absolutely agree!

This post was edited

Isn't it amazing how many people frown on barefeet (don't dirty the carpet) yet think nothing of the unwashed scum on the soles of shoes. Barefoot is healthier and cleanerI agree also very much to. Shoes are way far the nastiest thing ever invented, so many foot problems, and society is so brainwashed, bare feet is natural, we wasn't born with shoes on was we?

This post was edited

I used to be kind of fastidious about keeping my soles clean and baby-soft. I'd be taking a wet washcloth to my feet two or three times a day. As time went on, though, my attitude shifted. I kind of like it now when my soles start to look dirty. Actually all it takes is a barefoot walk through the pole barn and my soles are practically black. When your feet are bare all the time, they're going to get dirty. These days I feel like it's natural and inevitable, so why fight it. My feet usually start the day clean, since I wipe them off before bed so I don't stain the sheets, but they don't stay that way long. Dirty feet are happy feet - they're naked and free.That's exactly how I feel about it. I like the "sign" of having a slightly tinted black foot. Makes me feel proud in a way.

This post was edited

That's exactly how I feel about it. I like the "sign" of having a slightly tinted black foot. Makes me feel proud in a way.Couldn't have said it better myself, bro!

This post was edited