Organic insect control

Does anyone know of an organic way to control Stink Bugs? They are destroying everything in their path.

This topic was edited
RE: Organic insect control

As mentioned in another post, sticky tape and Neem oil are my two "goto" methods for dealing with most bugs in the garden. The other thing you can do (especially for the squash bugs), is to put a layer of floating row cover over the plants early in the year. You'll have to uncover when the plants start blooming, but it prevents them from taking a stronghold in the garden. This year was particularly bad for some reason.

This post was edited

I will have to try the Neem oil, but the row covers just may be the ticket to success. Thank you for the info.

This post was edited

A neighbour if mine uses the vacuum cleaner to suck them up and then put them in the bin. I put on gloves and grab them off or hit them with a metre long bamboo stick and tread on them making sure you have glasses on so they don't squirt your eyes. A garlic spray may work as well.

This post was edited

Thanks for the advice I will have to give it a try. Thanks

This post was edited

Get an old blender that you will never ever use with food again and blend a few grushe stink bugs with dish washing liquid and a bit of white oil then spray that on plants that are being attacked!! works!!

This post was edited

Wow, use the blender I never would have thought about that method. So much for margaritas after work. Thanks for the tip.

This post was edited