Warmer times are close!

After a winter of record cold I am ready for sans clothed work in the soil. I did have 1 nude work afternoon outdoors a couple of weeks ago but the time was far too short. Fortunately warmer temps will arrive soon. I am happy however thatwe hadsome cooler temps this season as my fruit and nut trees need their chilling hours. I should have a good harvest of peaches, apples, pears, plums, blueberries,and pecans. World Naked Gardening Day is less than 3 months away. Even though I garden nude as often as possible, there is something about a day set aside in the year to participate with others around the globe.It's cool outside today but sunny so I am going to get a head start on prepping my beds for planting potatoes in 8 days. It won't be much longer after and tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, lettuce, beans, eggplant, and okrawill follow. Man I am ready!

This topic was edited
RE: Warmer times are close!

WOW! I sure wish I had that kind of weather right now here in Chicago. I also live in Indianapolis and have a small garden there, but wont be able to plant until late March or early April. What day is the World Nude Gardening Day? Would be great if we could get several together and all garden in the nude that day. :)

This post was edited

Going to be 70 today. Off work and heading out to work building my new secluded abode in the woods.

This post was edited

can't wait was scouting backyard saturday trying to decide what to plant.

This post was edited

@MaleNudist1966. World Naked Gardening Day typically falls on the first Saturday in May. Nearer the time we'll have to network with everyone planning to mark the occasion. Might be nice for each of us to plant a tree to mark the occasion.

This post was edited

The tree planting idea is a great idea!

This post was edited

Hmmm - Just realised - May might not be the best time of year to plant many tree species in either hemisphere . Well certainly "bare" (lol) rooted ones (they're cheaper). That said, container grown should be OK. Especially as you'd like to think the planter of the tree is more likely to give it love(lots of water) in it's early days. Are we on to something here?

This post was edited

I think we are onto something. The earth needs tree replenishing. There are a lot of members in this group. A lot of trees could be planted. A great way to do something worthwhile while celebrating the occasion.

This post was edited

I feel like this winter will never end! I'm sitting at home in the middle of an ice storm right now. Thanks for your post...it's a good reminder that this, like all other things, will pass eventually. I can dream of all the garden projects I want to start in the spring!

This post was edited

I am still watching the snow come down, and my future garden plans are running wild in my mind. I can not wait for those first glorious days of spring to shine there welcoming grin. Here's to warmer weathers naked friends.

This post was edited

Well if the warm weather is on the horizon I am definitely ready! Sign me up for warmer temps so I can get the garden started and fill my pantry back up. I am thankful for the cold weather because it has killed off a number of the invasive insects that feast upon my garden. Now I can feel better about a plentiful harvest. Stay nude my gardening friends.

This post was edited