This weekend

I will be there this weekend (15th and 16th) with a friend. This is only my second trip so any insights / recommendations welcome.
I'm gathering that parking closes pretty quickly. How soon do I need to get there? I'm thinking Friday won't demand as early of an arrival since it's a workday, but am I correct in that thinking?
Tips on reasonable accommodations would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind being a few miles out if it saves money but still keeps it feasible to arrive early. Of course at too far a distance the gas costs of driving back and forth outweigh the savings.
Probably gonna pack a cooler, but I read of concessions once. Is that an option if I grow weary of cold food?
Thanks! See y'all Friday & Saturday.

This topic was edited
RE: This weekend

As we are sporadic weekend visitors, the only tip I can give you is be there by 9am or so on a nice weekend or you're in for a hike as Lot G filsl quickly. On your other ?s I can't help you. Hopefully someone will chime in. We'll be there Saturday the 16th with 3 other friends. Maybe we'll see you there.

This post was edited

Thanks. I found the Red Roof Inn in Tinton Falls for $79. I think it's a 1-star accommodation, but at least it's a national chain so some standards (I hope). Still looking around, but I don't think I'll find better than that.

This post was edited

I was mistaken on the Tinton Falls Red Roof, must not have selected the dates right, or they realized and updated their system to their weekend rates. Still Red Roof had the best rates, just I'm out in Edison instead of Tinton Falls. Edison is cool; I used to work there back in 1988.

This post was edited

We left the beach early last Sunday (10th) and saw the cars backed up three miles before the bridge. We'll be back this weekend.Backed up trying to get to the beach or traffic was rough getting out? An accident or something? Or is Gunnison that popular?

This post was edited

Last Saturday, Lot G closed at 10:45am. I know this because they were putting up the barriers just when I got there. The walk from North Beach isn't that bad if you have legs.

This post was edited

I wish there were a simple like button where I could acknowledge the post, Mark, instead of having to post to make note of it.
I'm not sure where we parked last year (a different friend than this trip), but just the walk from the restrooms/showers to the beach was torturous enough. Then again, I wasn't in as good of a shape then as I am now. Well, still not in that good of a shape.... But I'm much more enthused about the trip than I was last time. The place is HUGE! Never seen that many naked people at once, but I shouldn't discount Haulover since I was there in the off season.

This post was edited
RE: nudisthookup

hello...I am a pure naturist and you know how difficult its to find other naturists but thanks to the awesome peoples at

This post was edited

How early does the beach open on Saturday?Forgive me if someone said already, but I can't remember and I'm browsing from my phone now.

This post was edited

How early does the beach open on Saturday?5am

This post was edited

All you guys rock. This is a great thread with good information. I should print it out for future reference.

This post was edited