RE: This weekend

Sandy Hook itself is open 24-7 for fishing only but if you get through the gates before 7 am you don't pay the parking fee. Basically you can get on the beach at sunrise if you want.

This post was edited

I didn't get here until 6:30pm. Ugh. Had some business issues in Pittsburgh detain me, but at least I have my bearings for in the morning.

This post was edited

Stayed until nearly 10 talking with a regular named Jeff. Had a lot in common. Gonna try to get there in the morning before they start collecting money for parking permits. Thanks to whomever posted that tip.

This post was edited

Stayed until nearly 10 talking with a regular named Jeff.At 10:00 PM (park closing time), the rangers start ticketing cars still in the parking lot, so be careful with that.
Yeah, Jeff was extra anxious about that, although he was the one who wanted to stay just as long as possible. (I would have been fine leaving at 9.)
I did get back in time to see the sunrise, although it was cold. Was there sun-up to sun-down, got a little burn, just a little, it's already faded (i.e. the burn, hopefully the tan will deepen over the next couple days as my body responds with more melanin). Good weekend all around.

This post was edited