Last Tomatoes

With only a few weeks of warm weather left here's hoping we get those last tomatoes ripe in time. The cold months are long when you are waiting for good fresh tomatoes. Think I'll try some in the greenhouse this winter. Any advice?

This topic was edited
RE: Last Tomatoes

Our advice would be to pick them green and then Google green tomato chutney recipes. Denise normally makes pounds of it but this year our plants seemed to suffer with an end of season attack of blight so no chutney for us this winter :-(

This post was edited

Shut down my garden this week. I only have four pods of okra left to dry out for next years seed. It was not in a nude friendly spot, but from now on it will be where I can garden naked!

This post was edited

or .. you could make bloody mary mix..............

This post was edited

It's 26 degrees here this morning and I still have tomatoes growing in the greenhouse, but I probably have one more week left at most. I don't add auxiliary heat, but even if I did there just isn't enough sunlight this time of year for any real growth. I will pull out the tomatoes and peppers and replace them with spinach and kale which will survive the winter.

This post was edited

I pulled the last of my peppers this week too. Winters are so dreary here, a greenhouse will extend my season for acouple weeks and no more.

This post was edited