Stupid question about some trees...

Hi all, been enjoying the weather and my backyard. I have some tall bushy trees that I use for privacy along my fence line. I had them trimmed several weeks ago and some of my privacy has been compromised. My question is, if I over water the holes in the bushes will the foliage come back quicker? Thanks

This topic was edited
RE: Stupid question about some trees...

If they are a soft wooded plant they may grow a little faster with extra watering, but I'd be cautious as many plant do not want their feet soaked for extended periods of time.

This post was edited

Hi all, been enjoying the weather and my backyard. I have some tall bushy trees that I use for privacy along my fence line. I had them trimmed several weeks ago and some of my privacy has been compromised. My question is, if I over water the holes in the bushes will the foliage come back quicker? Thanks

If you keep the ground moist then they will grow quickly if they are soft wooded plants. But to do this you may need to deep water then once a week and not have them water logged. Moist is if you have a hand fully of soil and squeeze it together and it stays in the shape of your fist around it. When you open your hand. It will depend on your soil drainage ultimately how often you water.

This post was edited

If you keep the ground moist then they will grow quickly if they are soft wooded plants. But to do this you may need to deep water then once a week and not have them water logged. Moist is if you have a hand fully of soil and squeeze it together and it stays in the shape of your fist around it. When you open your hand. It will depend on your soil drainage ultimately how often you water.Thanks, I don't water to much. Just the area around the missing foliage.

This post was edited

Pruned trees grow faster anyway. Unless you get a downpour, water the trees at the base very heavily (at least a bucketful) once a week. Roots need to breath so don't keep them wet all the time. Weekly heavy watering sinks into the soil encouraging the roots to go deeperwithout rotting the surface roots.

This post was edited

I would go with a deep watering and a foliar spray once a week. You'll probably be surprised at how fast they grow back.

This post was edited

Hi all, been enjoying the weather and my backyard. I have some tall bushy trees that I use for privacy along my fence line. I had them trimmed several weeks ago and some of my privacy has been compromised. My question is, if I over water the holes in the bushes will the foliage come back quicker? ThanksNOLA, You have received a huge amount of rain in the last few months, as has most of S. La.Take a picture of your shrubs/trees, and a close up of the leaf. Contact your local County Agent office or the LSU Ag Extension Service, and that will help them ID the type of plants you have. Watering is not the only solution.How a plant grows to fill in pruning and thinning all depends upon what type of plant you have in the property.All the well meaning advice is good, but NOLA is a unique area.I could probably tell you what you need to know, being from La, and having lived in NOLA before, but I wouldn't offer the first bit of advice if I don't know what type of plant your are asking about.
Regards,GOOD LUCK.

This post was edited

Figured out their Sweet Viburnum.

This post was edited