Hi. New here

Hi my name is Thom and I live in South Jersey (Cherry Hill area) I live near to the NJ Turnpike and 295. Can anyone give me really good directions from here to Gunnison. I plan to go Wednesday and I don't want to get lost. Thanks

This topic was edited
RE: Hi. New here

You can get directions from MapQuest.com.

This post was edited

Hi my name is Thom and I live in South Jersey (Cherry Hill area) I live near to the NJ Turnpike and 295. Can anyone give me really good directions from here to Gunnison. I plan to go Wednesday and I don't want to get lost. ThanksHi Thom, I will be there Wednesday and looking for TN friends. When are you planning on being there?
Steve

This post was edited

Try this: Take I-295 N (~25 miles) to I-195 E (~34 miles) to Rt. 18 N (~8 miles) to Rt. 36 E (~3 miles). When you hit the beach (almost literally) turn left (N) onto Ocean Blvd (~5 miles). That will take you directly to the entrance to Sandy Hook. Avoid the Garden State Parkway at all costs. You could substitute the Turnpike for 295, though. Depending on traffic and time of day it will be about 75-120 minutes.

This post was edited

Hi Sureshot, I am not sure I will be able to go tomorrow. I'll have to play it by ear. Where is best place to park closest to the nude area and is it true that the lot fills up by 10a

This post was edited

I'm pretty sure "Stark" has it right. I'm off of 295 and Rte 70 and that sounds about right. Parking is way far from the beach. The parking lotreally does get full rather quickly , but you should be good if you get there by 930-1000 on a weekday. Earlier if you go on a weekend. You see the photo of the sand mat/walkway in the profile pic?After you leave that you will still have a 1/4 mile to go. Good luck! Have fun! JT

This post was edited

Jim Stark's directions are perfect.
The exit on 295 is exit 60 and it's 7A on the NJTPIf you want to save time, take the turnpike and theGS Parkway north from rt 195 to exit 105. There are tolls on both roads. Since they completed the expansion on the turnpike the rides I've taken have been very smooth with no traffic jamsWhen taking the parkway the north bound lanes splits into two roadways; the express and local lanes. You must take the local lanes for exit 105. stick to the right when approaching the toll and take the local lanes north. Exit 105 will put you on RT 36. Just keep going straight until you hit Ocean Avenue then turn left.Parking costs are $15 per day, half price if you are a senior.
Wayne
Wayne

This post was edited