WHY do people kept there profiles privite.

Why be on this site if nobody can see your profile and can't be friends with you if you are privite and why don't people have pictures of them selfs I don't like to be friends with people I don't know what they look like.

This topic was edited
RE: WHY do people kept there profiles privite.

How people look doesn't matter to me it's what their interest is and hopefully a little background. There is no use to us having "friends" that we have zero common interest or points of view.

This post was edited

I understand keeping photos set for friends only. But making your entire profile private so that people can't even know what country you are in, just seems weird to me. Most sites on the Internet don't even give you that option, and I wish this one wouldn't either. Life's so much better when you are upfront and open people. It really is. Life is too short to hide all the time.

This post was edited

Why be on this site if nobody can see your profile and can't be friends with you if you are privite and why don't people have pictures of them selfs I don't like to be friends with people I don't know what they look like.I totally agree. I always keep my profile public. This is a nudist site and I am a nudist and not a shame to show my body and genitals to others. People that has their profile private, must has something to hide or doesn't want to show their body. To me, they are not true nudist or a nudist at all.

This post was edited

I agree
I am here to meet and make new friends and know whom i am talking to

This post was edited

I keep mine set to private only because of work. What I do outside of work is not my employers business and I see no reason to give them any insight to my private life. It is just that, my private life and I intend to keep it that way. I am also currently sending my resume out to other companies at this time, I also keep the rest of my social media set to private, why would this site be any different?
And, I can assure you Ibizastroller, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with greed.

This post was edited

Based on my observations- I think there are two totally separate types of people who use the TN and TS sites. Those who hang out in the chat-rooms seem to have blank or private profiles and the true nudists/naturalists tend to be more open and looking to meet friends and respond in groups and forums. If you're worried about your picture getting out - set it to friends only.

This post was edited

Why be on this site if nobody can see your profile and can't be friends with you if you are privite and why don't people have pictures of them selfs I don't like to be friends with people I don't know what they look like.The reasons why some would do it, I suppose, are the reasons why they would do it on any social networking site. Nothing on the Web is private anymore, and personally I don't want my name and picture affiliated with each other and available to everyone on the planet. Of course, there are dirt world reasons for it, too.

This post was edited

I have to agree - I also do not like to add people if I don't know what they look like. Also, it's a nudist site, so why are people not nude.It's not just the site. Everything on the Web is public. There's no privacy online. Do you want everyone on the planet potentially having access to what you as a real person say or do online?

This post was edited

I keep mine private because I don't want any random member finding me and having my photos! I get chatting to people in thr chatroom or forums and then add them as friends and get to know them. I'm not here to show off or collect friends.It's not just a matter of any random user here, though; I think. It's a matter of random users of the Internet in general and a matter of Internet safety overall.
Also, for a couple, this site's administrator insists that if a couple wants to be, "Certified," that both members of the couple have to be pictured, and both might not want to. Just because I don't mind, that doesn't mean my wife wants to be identified. They say the certification photos are deleted from their server, but nothing is ever truly deleted from a server, and that server might not even be secure. Also, how could it be deleted from the server but still remain as a profile pic? That makes no sense to me.
Like you, I don't mind sharing information once I get to know someone in the forums, groups or chatroom, but I don't think it's necessary to do so up front. Also, not everyone on this site or the Web needs to be able to see my balls to identify me. That's just silly.

This post was edited
RE: WHY do people kept their profiles private.

As far as I'm concerned those people do not matter one jot. If they don't even have the courtesy to introduce themselves I think they should just be ignored.
Pamela

This post was edited