RE: Jamaica - non-resort options?

It seems like I am a little late to the party. Jamaica in general is not big on social nudism outside of private resorts.My wife and I meet up with friends in Negril annually and because of the price point, nude pools and beach as well as included diving we all meet up at Hedonism.
7 Mile Beach is technically topless optional, but I have not observed much topless sunbathing along the beach. I have had the experience of chasing away locals and tourists taking nude pictures of my wife and her friends both on private beaches and on private boats in the Negril area.

This post was edited

I think I have more or less decided to stay in Negril for a couple of days and try out a day pass to Hedonism if they have any available when I'm there. If I like it, I'll go back another time or two. As a general rule, it doesn't sound like my speed but I would really like to go sunbathing/swimming au naturale for at least a day or two and that looks like my only decent option. I'm looking forward to a wonderful time exploring the island but it would have been nice if there were some clothing-optional, public beaches or naturist campgrounds but I'll probably be too busy to miss them.

This post was edited

I wonder if you could contact a tour service there that could make a suggestion or two. Hope you are traveling with someone.

This post was edited

If you get there you will find options. Most places- outside of the all inclusive s- will allow you to use the beach if you eat and drink there. This is in Negril.

This post was edited

I had a wonderful three weeks backpacking in Jamaica ... and highly recommend it ... but sadly, didn't find any naturist beaches. I did call Hedonism to inquire about a day pass but in the end decided I just wouldn't be comfortable there and for the most part, I was just so darned busy that I didn't have much time to lament. I understand that Half Moon Beach (between Negril and Green Island) has a nude section but every time I thought of going something else caught my attention. I might have been more adventurous in a group but I was travelling solo so I try not to put myself in potentially awkward/dangerous situations. Having said that, apart from keeping my clothes on and avoiding Kingston I just took reasonable precautions and had a great experience travelling by route taxi and staying at hostels and guesthouses. All of the Jamaican people I met were friendly and interesting and I never felt unsafe so the next time you go, do yourself a favour and spend some time off-resort - you'll like it.

This post was edited

Glad you had a great time and you're back safe. Even though we prefer to be nude whenever we can, it doesn't become a "that or nothing" issue when we travel. We like visiting places where we know we'll most likely have to remain dressed but since we don't stay at guest houses or hostels, we always have our hotel room to be free of clothing at the end of the day.
We've not visited Jamaica yet but friends of ours have asked us to vacation with them there. Not sure where they are looking to stay but being as they are also nudists, I'm certain that they'll be looking for a place where we can be nude most of the time but we would still like to explore other areas and if it means slipping on a pair of shorts and my wife wearing a sundress ... so be it! ;-)

This post was edited