Walking naked past the "nude sunbathers" signs

Is it possible to walk naked past the boundaries of the nude area?

For instance if i happened to drift in the small clothes section to the north of the nude section would the rangers stop me?

if I wanted to walk north all the way to the tip of the peninsula could I do it? Or again, would the rangers stop me?

Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE: Walking naked past the "nude sunbathers" signs

I don't know the answer to your question. I personally wouldn't challenge it. I would appreciate a longer walking distance along the shore line as I walk the surf a couple times when I am there.I never seen them correct anyone on the beach but have seen them there. Something I thought was funny was a woman park ranger was wearing a bullet proof vest. I think its very hard for a nudist to conceal a weapon, and the same for those who are clothed.
Wayne

This post was edited

Is it possible to walk naked past the boundaries of the nude area? For instance if i happened to drift in the small clothes section to the north of the nude section would the rangers stop me?if I wanted to walk north all the way to the tip of the peninsula could I do it? Or again, would the rangers stop me?Thanks!Don't do it. The NPS would like nothing more than to have another arrow in their quiver to shut down Gunnison to C/O use. See another thread on this group where a member that knows a person that works for the NPS was told by that person the NPS would love to have Gunnison closed to nude use. It costs them too much $ to patrol in their words.

This post was edited

Is it possible to walk naked past the boundaries of the nude area? For instance if i happened to drift in the small clothes section to the north of the nude section would the rangers stop me?if I wanted to walk north all the way to the tip of the peninsula could I do it? Or again, would the rangers stop me?Thanks!Don't do it. The NPS would like nothing more than to have another arrow in their quiver to shut down Gunnison to C/O use. See another thread on this group where a member that knows a person that works for the NPS was told by that person the NPS would love to have Gunnison closed to nude use. It costs them too much $ to patrol in their words.

Got it. I won't do it. I'll stick to the restricted area. Thanks!

This post was edited

I agree with don't do it. I have seen topless women in that clothed area, but never any bare ass people. I don't know of anybody who has challenged the 'nude sunbather" signs, which is just as well. Remember what has happened at Fire Island. We certainly don't want that to happen to Gunnison Beach.

This post was edited