RE:Has anyone ever commented on your lack of tan lines?

AndyDi. We have a new dermatologist. When we went in for our 1st visit/consultation, she looked us over and seemed a little timid on doing an exam like our previous dermatologist. I then told her, "We are nudists." To that, she replied, "then I should do a full body check. Are you okay with that?" We told her about our exams over the last 30 years with our previous doctor and she seemed relieved that she could do a proper exam without concern for our modesty. When she examined me, she did comment on my all over tan. "That's a very nice tan.You seem to have found another great dermatologist. Does she see both of you at the same time? Are you nude for the exam?

She did not see us together for the first visit. I went first, then Di was seen right after my exam. The Dr. told my wife what I had said and Di confirmed it. When she left Di's exam, she told Di to have the office staff make subsequent appointments for the both of us together. Di told her that our previous dermatologist did them at the same time.

Whichever one of us is second on the table, at the previous dermatologist's exams, would sit in a paper gown on a chair in the room. Di wore panties and I kept my shorts on until I was to get on the table. I stood up, slipped them off and was examined thoroughly. Di would be naked while she dressed and vice versa if she was first to be examined. Our previous dermatologist always commented on how comfortable we both were with being nude around others.

I explained that we are often nude around complete strangers at clubs, resorts or beaches. It was easy for us in those situations. Being as she was our doctor, it was easily as comfortable being nude in front of her. I don't think her med assistant taking notes felt the same way. We did mention that it seemed the med assistant was uncomfortable. Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"

Im going out on a limb here and saying that quite a few doctors are being this way, maybe its due to accusations of unprofessional behavior.

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"

I hosted a father son biking team. I list my place stating that I am a nudist. I did not go nude around them while they were here. The father thanked me for it. I pointed out that his son was in pre-med and would need to get used to naked flesh. The father agreed that he had not thought of it that way.

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"Im going out on a limb here and saying that quite a few doctors are being this way, maybe its due to accusations of unprofessional behavior.

Hence, the reason for there always being another person in the room with the doctor and the patient. Our PMD, has done a few exams where I was naked from the waist down and the young woman who's scribing and taking notes on the computer, just keeps her eyes on the monitor. With med assistants they need to be involved in the exam and treatments. This is where it can get tricky if the med assistant doesn't want to see a naked body part.

I had to have 3 separate MRI's. Luckily, I was sent to the same lab. The first time I went, I was told to undress down to underwear. I told the tech, I'm not wearing any and since my pants had metal rivets (Levis) he said to remove the pants. He was put out because now I was naked under the gown. While walking to the MRI room, he kept mumbling about my lack of underwear. Before going in, I told him to get his supervisor and we were having a warm discussion about his attitude. A female tech heard us, asked what was wrong, I explain my situation and she told him, "I'll do it!" She had no issues with me being nude under the gown. She also said to me, "that guy needs to find a new line of work!"

It's, in my opinion, generational. Off topic but do you realize how many guys wait for a toilet stall to pee because they are self-conscious or embarrassed to pee in a vacant urinal? Not only that but if you're waiting to go into the toilet and go in after one of these guys, they usually have peed everywhere but inside the toilet!

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"I hosted a father son biking team. I list my place stating that I am a nudist. I did not go nude around them while they were here. The father thanked me for it. I pointed out that his son was in pre-med and would need to get used to naked flesh. The father agreed that he had not thought of it that way.

I went to paramedic school back in 1979. We were routinely taken into the hospital setting where we were exposed to nude patients of various stages. The doctors and nurses explained that when we are in the field, we will encounter situations where we would need to strip the patient to check for injuries we may not see with a clothed patient.

This happened once to me where I neglected to expose a male patient that had been shot and stabbed. I documented the GSW's but mistaken the stab wound blood to be GSW blood. The stab wounds were more serious than the GSW wounds. Never made that mistake again. Truth be told, I had to take over several times for partners that didn't want to strip a patient due to embarrassment.

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"I hosted a father son biking team. I list my place stating that I am a nudist. I did not go nude around them while they were here. The father thanked me for it. I pointed out that his son was in pre-med and would need to get used to naked flesh. The father agreed that he had not thought of it that way.I went to paramedic school back in 1979. We were routinely taken into the hospital setting where we were exposed to nude patients of various stages. The doctors and nurses explained that when we are in the field, we will encounter situations where we would need to strip the patient to check for injuries we may not see with a clothed patient.This happened once to me where I neglected to expose a male patient that had been shot and stabbed. I documented the GSW's but mistaken the stab wound blood to be GSW blood. The stab wounds were more serious than the GSW wounds. Never made that mistake again. Truth be told, I had to take over several times for partners that didn't want to strip a patient due to embarrassment.

I have read and heard multiple times that trauma patients are usually stripped nude early in the examination process process in order to check for hidden injuries.

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"I hosted a father son biking team. I list my place stating that I am a nudist. I did not go nude around them while they were here. The father thanked me for it. I pointed out that his son was in pre-med and would need to get used to naked flesh. The father agreed that he had not thought of it that way.I went to paramedic school back in 1979. We were routinely taken into the hospital setting where we were exposed to nude patients of various stages. The doctors and nurses explained that when we are in the field, we will encounter situations where we would need to strip the patient to check for injuries we may not see with a clothed patient.This happened once to me where I neglected to expose a male patient that had been shot and stabbed. I documented the GSW's but mistaken the stab wound blood to be GSW blood. The stab wounds were more serious than the GSW wounds. Never made that mistake again. Truth be told, I had to take over several times for partners that didn't want to strip a patient due to embarrassment.

I have read and heard multiple times that trauma patients are usually stripped nude early in the examination process process in order to check for hidden injuries.

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"I hosted a father son biking team. I list my place stating that I am a nudist. I did not go nude around them while they were here. The father thanked me for it. I pointed out that his son was in pre-med and would need to get used to naked flesh. The father agreed that he had not thought of it that way.I went to paramedic school back in 1979. We were routinely taken into the hospital setting where we were exposed to nude patients of various stages. The doctors and nurses explained that when we are in the field, we will encounter situations where we would need to strip the patient to check for injuries we may not see with a clothed patient.This happened once to me where I neglected to expose a male patient that had been shot and stabbed. I documented the GSW's but mistaken the stab wound blood to be GSW blood. The stab wounds were more serious than the GSW wounds. Never made that mistake again. Truth be told, I had to take over several times for partners that didn't want to strip a patient due to embarrassment.I have read and heard multiple times that trauma patients are usually stripped nude early in the examination process process in order to check for hidden injuries.

It truly depends on the incident and situation. Most traumatic incidents that involve unconscious patients, they can't tell you where it hurts. If there's any doubt at all, you "strip and flip." Many injuries on the back or front side of the patients are missed, depending on what position you find the patient in.

We had a female patient ejected from a vehicle onto the soft shoulder of an off ramp. She was unresponsive, at first. We got her into the ambulance and began our assessment. My partner was pretty green on this emergency. He didn't assess her level of consciousness very well and so I told him, start to strip her and lets see if she has any obvious injuries. As we began, she immediately woke up and asked what the hell we were doing to her.

Later, the sheriff's deputy came to the station and said that she was out with her boyfriend for a rendezvous, they were both DUI and both married. A couple months later, we were advised that this woman was suing our department and my partner and I for sexually violating her. Of course, the chargers and suit were dropped. Both she and her boyfriend ended up divorced. Most times, we never get this much back info on patients unless we pursue it and then it's usually just medical outcome.

This post was edited

Back to "commenting on lack of tan lines," we responded to an incident at a Motel 6 in our area, It turned out to be a young woman on PCP. She was completely naked and had a lamp she was swinging at us as we got into her room. Her boyfriend was passed out on the floor. She had a great all over tan and my fellow firefighters said to me, "hey Andy, look at that tan. She's one of your people!" haha

This post was edited

The tan line comment was not even a point of contention for my recent dermatologist visit; I had noted a lumpy area on my face & neck and thats what the NP focused upon. About 15 minutes later & three fresh band-aids on the now sampled areas; they said my results would be available in about a week. Well see how the results go and re-evaluate for more extensive exams in the future. I was a little surprised but my recent medical experiences have all been lackluster.

This post was edited