RE:Has anyone ever commented on your lack of tan lines?

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"I hosted a father son biking team. I list my place stating that I am a nudist. I did not go nude around them while they were here. The father thanked me for it. I pointed out that his son was in pre-med and would need to get used to naked flesh. The father agreed that he had not thought of it that way.I went to paramedic school back in 1979. We were routinely taken into the hospital setting where we were exposed to nude patients of various stages. The doctors and nurses explained that when we are in the field, we will encounter situations where we would need to strip the patient to check for injuries we may not see with a clothed patient.This happened once to me where I neglected to expose a male patient that had been shot and stabbed. I documented the GSW's but mistaken the stab wound blood to be GSW blood. The stab wounds were more serious than the GSW wounds. Never made that mistake again. Truth be told, I had to take over several times for partners that didn't want to strip a patient due to embarrassment.I have read and heard multiple times that trauma patients are usually stripped nude early in the examination process process in order to check for hidden injuries.It truly depends on the incident and situation. Most traumatic incidents that involve unconscious patients, they can't tell you where it hurts. If there's any doubt at all, you "strip and flip." Many injuries on the back or front side of the patients are missed, depending on what position you find the patient in.We had a female patient ejected from a vehicle onto the soft shoulder of an off ramp. She was unresponsive, at first. We got her into the ambulance and began our assessment. My partner was pretty green on this emergency. He didn't assess her level of consciousness very well and so I told him, start to strip her and lets see if she has any obvious injuries. As we began, she immediately woke up and asked what the hell we were doing to her.Later, the sheriff's deputy came to the station and said that she was out with her boyfriend for a rendezvous, they were both DUI and both married. A couple months later, we were advised that this woman was suing our department and my partner and I for sexually violating her. Of course, the chargers and suit were dropped. Both she and her boyfriend ended up divorced. Most times, we never get this much back info on patients unless we pursue it and then it's usually just medical outcome.
The only close by experience in my life was when my mother, wife, both sons and myself were in a serious auto accident. My mother had serious injuries, one son moderate, and the rest of us very minor and didn't need hospitalization. I don't know whether it was state law or Medicare regulations, but we were told that since my mother was over 80, she would not be eligible for helicopter transport, even though she obviously needed it. Somehow the EMT's connvinced someone that our injured son needed to be medevac'd and since the helicopter had room for 2 patients, my mother could be taken also.
Back to the subject at hand, my son was conscious so they told him that they were going to cut off all of his clothing because it would be less likely to cause additional injury than removing it normally, He didn't care. I assume they did the same thing with my mother, who was unconscious, but I know would have objected strongly if she knew what was being done. We had to bring other clothing for our son when he was released the next day, and clothes for my mother when she was moved from ICU to a regular room.

This post was edited

The tan line comment was not even a point of contention for my recent dermatologist visit; I had noted a lumpy area on my face & neck and thats what the NP focused upon. About 15 minutes later & three fresh band-aids on the now sampled areas; they said my results would be available in about a week. Well see how the results go and re-evaluate for more extensive exams in the future. I was a little surprised but my recent medical experiences have all been lackluster.

Had you been given a full body exam shortly before that?

This post was edited

About 15 years ago as part of a real physical while also evaluating a small mole on my face, the doctor and dermatologist did a full review. There was no problem with what they found but at least they looked. That was during my initial introduction to nudity so I suspect there were a few tan lines present. It all went well & I suspect the current issue will be likewise.

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"I hosted a father son biking team. I list my place stating that I am a nudist. I did not go nude around them while they were here. The father thanked me for it. I pointed out that his son was in pre-med and would need to get used to naked flesh. The father agreed that he had not thought of it that way.I went to paramedic school back in 1979. We were routinely taken into the hospital setting where we were exposed to nude patients of various stages. The doctors and nurses explained that when we are in the field, we will encounter situations where we would need to strip the patient to check for injuries we may not see with a clothed patient.This happened once to me where I neglected to expose a male patient that had been shot and stabbed. I documented the GSW's but mistaken the stab wound blood to be GSW blood. The stab wounds were more serious than the GSW wounds. Never made that mistake again. Truth be told, I had to take over several times for partners that didn't want to strip a patient due to embarrassment.I have read and heard multiple times that trauma patients are usually stripped nude early in the examination process process in order to check for hidden injuries.It truly depends on the incident and situation. Most traumatic incidents that involve unconscious patients, they can't tell you where it hurts. If there's any doubt at all, you "strip and flip." Many injuries on the back or front side of the patients are missed, depending on what position you find the patient in.We had a female patient ejected from a vehicle onto the soft shoulder of an off ramp. She was unresponsive, at first. We got her into the ambulance and began our assessment. My partner was pretty green on this emergency. He didn't assess her level of consciousness very well and so I told him, start to strip her and lets see if she has any obvious injuries. As we began, she immediately woke up and asked what the hell we were doing to her.Later, the sheriff's deputy came to the station and said that she was out with her boyfriend for a rendezvous, they were both DUI and both married. A couple months later, we were advised that this woman was suing our department and my partner and I for sexually violating her. Of course, the chargers and suit were dropped. Both she and her boyfriend ended up divorced. Most times, we never get this much back info on patients unless we pursue it and then it's usually just medical outcome.The only close by experience in my life was when my mother, wife, both sons and myself were in a serious auto accident. My mother had serious injuries, one son moderate, and the rest of us very minor and didn't need hospitalization. I don't know whether it was state law or Medicare regulations, but we were told that since my mother was over 80, she would not be eligible for helicopter transport, even though she obviously needed it. Somehow the EMT's connvinced someone that our injured son needed to be medevac'd and since the helicopter had room for 2 patients, my mother could be taken also.Back to the subject at hand, my son was conscious so they told him that they were going to cut off all of his clothing because it would be less likely to cause additional injury than removing it normally, He didn't care. I assume they did the same thing with my mother, who was unconscious, but I know would have objected strongly if she knew what was being done. We had to bring other clothing for our son when he was released the next day, and clothes for my mother when she was moved from ICU to a regular room.

We never just cut the clothes off a conscious patient. Everything we were about to do, to a conscious patient, it was explained to them. I will say that many of those that were conscious and needed their clothes removed, were more willing for us to take their clothes off of them than to cut them off. Because of spinal injury concerns, it was not always doable, and the clothes got cut off.

In regard to flying someone out or medevac'ing them, my department pretty much has it's own air force. 7 helicopters for firefighting and medivac use, 1 for aerial recon and a fixed wing aircraft. As a Captain, I had the authority to call for a chopper for any reason. Most times, if there was doubt about the patient's condition and seriousness of the injury and it warranted Trauma Center criteria, we flew them out, no question. Small municipalities that contract with outside resources for medivac services, insurance plays a much stronger role which, in my professional opinion, should not be the case. ALWAYS error on the side of the patient.

This post was edited

While at a party where I was likely one of the (orTHE) only nudists in attendance, conversation wove its way to comparing tans for the best tan award. So contestants would expose the top of their butt cheek to demonstrate the variance in complexion from above to below the waistline. While I had an excellent tan, my proof was limited to sliding my wedding ring beyond my knuckle to expose the very limited area of alabaster skin on my finger. Of course, the others wanted proof that was my actual proof of tan, thus I did the butt cheek(s) expose to prove my commitment to tanning all over. What a good segue to come out as a nudist and morph the topic of conversation from tan to the joys of clothes freedom.

This post was edited

While at a party where I was likely one of the (orTHE) only nudists in attendance, conversation wove its way to comparing tans for the best tan award. So contestants would expose the top of their butt cheek to demonstrate the variance in complexion from above to below the waistline. While I had an excellent tan, my proof was limited to sliding my wedding ring beyond my knuckle to expose the very limited area of alabaster skin on my finger. Of course, the others wanted proof that was my actual proof of tan, thus I did the butt cheek(s) expose to prove my commitment to tanning all over. What a good segue to come out as a nudist and morph the topic of conversation from tan to the joys of clothes freedom.

Damn! I love that! LOL Great segue!

This post was edited

Our doctor said, "if she's uncomfortable with seeing patient's nude, she's in the wrong line of work!"I hosted a father son biking team. I list my place stating that I am a nudist. I did not go nude around them while they were here. The father thanked me for it. I pointed out that his son was in pre-med and would need to get used to naked flesh. The father agreed that he had not thought of it that way.I went to paramedic school back in 1979. We were routinely taken into the hospital setting where we were exposed to nude patients of various stages. The doctors and nurses explained that when we are in the field, we will encounter situations where we would need to strip the patient to check for injuries we may not see with a clothed patient.This happened once to me where I neglected to expose a male patient that had been shot and stabbed. I documented the GSW's but mistaken the stab wound blood to be GSW blood. The stab wounds were more serious than the GSW wounds. Never made that mistake again. Truth be told, I had to take over several times for partners that didn't want to strip a patient due to embarrassment.I have read and heard multiple times that trauma patients are usually stripped nude early in the examination process process in order to check for hidden injuries.It truly depends on the incident and situation. Most traumatic incidents that involve unconscious patients, they can't tell you where it hurts. If there's any doubt at all, you "strip and flip." Many injuries on the back or front side of the patients are missed, depending on what position you find the patient in.We had a female patient ejected from a vehicle onto the soft shoulder of an off ramp. She was unresponsive, at first. We got her into the ambulance and began our assessment. My partner was pretty green on this emergency. He didn't assess her level of consciousness very well and so I told him, start to strip her and lets see if she has any obvious injuries. As we began, she immediately woke up and asked what the hell we were doing to her.Later, the sheriff's deputy came to the station and said that she was out with her boyfriend for a rendezvous, they were both DUI and both married. A couple months later, we were advised that this woman was suing our department and my partner and I for sexually violating her. Of course, the chargers and suit were dropped. Both she and her boyfriend ended up divorced. Most times, we never get this much back info on patients unless we pursue it and then it's usually just medical outcome.The only close by experience in my life was when my mother, wife, both sons and myself were in a serious auto accident. My mother had serious injuries, one son moderate, and the rest of us very minor and didn't need hospitalization. I don't know whether it was state law or Medicare regulations, but we were told that since my mother was over 80, she would not be eligible for helicopter transport, even though she obviously needed it. Somehow the EMT's connvinced someone that our injured son needed to be medevac'd and since the helicopter had room for 2 patients, my mother could be taken also.Back to the subject at hand, my son was conscious so they told him that they were going to cut off all of his clothing because it would be less likely to cause additional injury than removing it normally, He didn't care. I assume they did the same thing with my mother, who was unconscious, but I know would have objected strongly if she knew what was being done. We had to bring other clothing for our son when he was released the next day, and clothes for my mother when she was moved from ICU to a regular room.We never just cut the clothes off a conscious patient. Everything we were about to do, to a conscious patient, it was explained to them. I will say that many of those that were conscious and needed their clothes removed, were more willing for us to take their clothes off of them than to cut them off. Because of spinal injury concerns, it was not always doable, and the clothes got cut off.In regard to flying someone out or medevac'ing them, my department pretty much has it's own air force. 7 helicopters for firefighting and medivac use, 1 for aerial recon and a fixed wing aircraft. As a Captain, I had the authority to call for a chopper for any reason. Most times, if there was doubt about the patie6nt's condition and seriousness of the injury and it warranted Trauma Center criteria, we flew them out, no question. Small municipalities that contract with outside resources for medivac services, insurance plays a much stronger role which, in my professional opinion, should not be the case. ALWAYS error on the side of the patient.
My son talked like they explained why they were doing what they did. I believe that he said they mentioned possible back injury. However, he was probably focused on his beloved grandmother who was obviously seriously injured and semiconscious in the other bed in the helicopter.
The Medivac in question was owned and operated by the State Police.
I agree with you that insurance should not be making calls concerning what treatments a patient is allowed to get. Based on my experience, I have found that Medicare is more likely to deny treatment than commercial insurance. A few months before this, my father was denied cancer treatment because "Medicare never covers chemo, radiation or proton therapy for prostate cancer patients over 80." After the accident, my mother was unresponsive and on a respirator for an extended period of time, Right after the auto insurance ran out and Medicare took over, we started being pressured to take her off the respirator. She regained consciousness and started breathing on her own shortly thereafter, before the scheduled meeting to "discuss" taking her off the respirator. She lived another 6 1/2 years and other than being unable to walk was in a condition similar to before the accident for the first 5 1/2 of them.

This post was edited

Yes, a couple times. I have hormone replacement therapy, they insert pellets under the skin on my hip every 4 months or so. Nurse asked if we had been on a trip when she noticed my lack of tanlines. I told her no, we just live in the country and enjoy being outside. I kinda wish we had more discussion, I think she also enjoyed clothes free time.
Another time the dermatologist started to lecture me on tanning beds, told her I never been in one. She put 2 and 2 together and went back to sunscreen and long sleeves Doubt she would think of going to a nude friendly vacation spot.

This post was edited

What a good segue to come out as a nudist and morph the topic of conversation from tan to the joys of clothes freedom.

awesome story thanks for sharing

This post was edited