Almost

Almost time for the beach Thur. it'sgoing to be about 68. Almost almost time to hit the sand

This topic was edited
RE: Almost

Looking forward to a good summer at Gunny! I'm usually there most Fridays from about 11am to 2 or 3pm. Most often I'm down by the south end about midway up to the dunes. Wear a tan hat with a gold fish hook on the brim. Feel free to stop and chat.

This post was edited

Almost time for the beach Thur. it'sgoing to be about 68. Almost almost time to hit the sandI got there for a couple hours this afternoon. Even though the temperatures away from the shore were in the mid to upper 70's - it was really quite chilly on the beach. The wind was off the ocean, so I don't think the air temperature was above 60. But there were quite a few hardy nudists there - most with their windscreens, which make a big difference on a day like today. I even saw a few folks take the plunge into the water.
On another note - the boardwalk and beach mat leading onto the beach are gone (I forget - were they there last season?) So the trek from the parking lot is pretty much all on sand at the moment, once you leave the bathroom/patio area.

This post was edited

I too thought it was going to be chilly at the shore.. BUT look forward to going later in the season. Here at home itgot to 78 (Humidity at 20%) Absolutely great out on the deck. I guess I should get some company over too! BUT really can't wait to get to the hook. Steve

This post was edited

On another note - the boardwalk and beach mat leadingonto the beach are gone (I forget - were they there last season?)So the trek from the parking lot is pretty much all on sandat the moment, once you leave the bathroom/patio area.

They take them in during the winter months to protect them from
storm damage and flooding. Don't worry, they'll be put out again
soon.

This post was edited

Good to know - thanks Jim.

This post was edited