RE: Haulover Beach, Miami, Florida.

I'm planning to head down to Haulover for the first time later this week. How is it on weekdays compared to weekends? Also if I don't pack a lunch, will I be able to grab a bite to eat within walkingYou can buy food at the concession stands. It's not inexpensive.

This post was edited

Thanks Cheri-good to know that, especially since it doesn't seem like there's anything close by.

This post was edited

Just spent the afternoon at Haulover. Didn't meet anyone but had a great time. Beautiful weather & water was awesome! Just one word of caution...as I was getting out of the water I saw a very large stingray. So when you're in the water, SHUFFLE YOUR FEET. It's an old Floridian stingray scare tactic.
Anyway, I'm planning on going back tomorrow morning from about 9-12. Is anyone from here planning to be there? And I also *might* be coming back right after Thanksgiving.

This post was edited

I'll be hitting the beach on Sunday after a cruise. Looking forward to a day of all over tanning! Anyone else on here gonna be out there? I'd love to have some company. (I'm from Texas and don't know anyone in Miami...)

This post was edited

How is the weather in Mid to end of March? And is the Ocean Palms Motel still in Business?

This post was edited
RE: Just left Haulover

We are planning to visit Haulover beach this March, 2012.

This post was edited

yes, the OP is still in operation - modestly priced - not fancy - people there pretty nice. can't beat it for location. not sure how long it will remain open as former owner sold it some time back and I'm sure new owners are just waiting for real estate market to open up to build there, or build on to adjacent condo on South Side that stopped construction after economic crisis.
Haulover is my favorite beach in the world. Nice crowd across all ages and body types. People are generally friendly. Minimum number of weirdos and looky-loos. You can drink discretely, bathrooms nearby. Never had any hassles there in the 10 years I've been going.
It is actually not hard to find - just remember it is the Northernmost end of Haulover state Park, North Parking lot closest - on A1A - about at what would be 155th St. -
I'm headed there again April 19-23 - so say hi is you see me! Looking for nice couple or nsa singles to hang with.
I go 2-3 times a year - usually in Nov. and March - this year in both May and June.

Naturist in San Diego

This post was edited

#38...Sunday, April 29th, 2012----- I just booked a flight & hotel deal for Mid-May (6 nights). Not ever been to Florida and much less to Miami, I wondering IF there is public transit there. I'll be staying at a hotel on Collins St, a block away from Ocean St----WHATEVER that means! LOL Any advise, suggestions, volunteer guides would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to post a message to my profile--- calinekiddancer1 Thank you in advance. ]^..^

This post was edited

#38...Sunday, April 29th, 2012----- I just booked a flight & hotel deal for Mid-May (6 nights). Not ever been to Florida and much less to Miami, I wondering IF there is public transit there. I'll be staying at a hotel on Collins St, a block away from Ocean St----WHATEVER that means! LOL Any advise, suggestions, volunteer guides would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to post a message to my profile--- calinekiddancer1 Thank you in advance. ]^..^

This post was edited

#40...Cheri, thank you for the link. What's the weather like there in mid MAY?
Any TN locals want to meet for coffee? I promise NOT to bite! hahahaha

This post was edited