Fair skinned newbie

I have been interested in nudism for awhile now, and often try to be naked in my own home as often as possible.
The city I live in used to have a clothing option swimming pool that I enjoyed going to at night. I want to try and getting out to a local campground during the day soon.
How do I prevent sun burn? I am very fair skinned (pale) and burn very easily. Even with using sunblock, I tend to burn.
Any suggestions, tips, or tricks would be appreciated.

This topic was edited
RE: Fair skinned newbie

Another thing you can try, is to start tanning early in the year, like March & April when the sun is not as strong. Getan hour or two in at a time, and ease into the tanning situation. Don't wait until June or July when the sun is at full strength before starting to get some tan going.

This post was edited

"Another thing you can try, is to start tanning early in the year, like March & April when the sun is not as strong. Getan hour or two in at a time, and ease into the tanning situation. Don't wait until June or July when the sun is at full strength before starting to get some tan going."Very true. I begin tanning in late winter and early spring. It's possible to tan for long periods without risk of burning. This year in South Carolina, the weather has been so great that my tan may reach it's mid-summer peak before April arrives. Once summer arrives I will not have to worry about sunburn.

This post was edited

How exactly do I go about tanning? All my life, I have either been sun-burnt or not. Never tanned.
I get that people using tanning beds, or lay out in the sun, and I know that there is something called tanning oil. That is the extent of my knowledge of tanning.

This post was edited

I am also fair skinned and burn very easily. When going to the beach I get the highest SPF (Sun Protection Formula) possible. The higher the better. A couple of years ago in Miami some 100 SPF was found. That stuff was like wearing a mirror! No burns at all! Follow the directions on the bottle and re-apply as needed. Oh, and have fun!

This post was edited