Forum Scrabble - Part 17

How to play
Below is a four letter word.
Copy and paste it into your post (don't quote or the quotes could get ridiculously long).
Change/Replace one letter and type it in next to the original word.
The next person to reply will need to copy and paste two words and so on and so on.
No repeating of words. (To check if a word has already been used, hit control F, a "Find" box will appear on your tool bar, type the word in there. (Thanks for that tip LookN!, Your way is fine too, Phil...I just don't remember what it is!)
Let's see how many words we come up with by changing one letter at a time.

RULES:
1. This game is loosely based on the board game SCRABBLE. We are following the rules for acceptable words as set forth by SCRABBLE.

Acceptable words:
"All words labeled as a part of speech (including thoselisted of foreign origin,and as archaic, obsolete, colloquial, slang, etc are permitted". (Note on foreign words - they must be words that have been incorporated into theEnglish language, i.e. Fino (Spanishsherry) is acceptable, Vous (French for you) is NOT acceptable)

Unacceptable words:
"Words always capitalized (proper nouns), abbreviations, prefixes and suffixes standing alone,words requiring a hyphen or an apostrophe".

2. As much fun as it would be to rearrange letters, that defeats the purpose of the game. THE CHALLENGE IS IN CHANGING/REPLACING ONE LETTER!!!

3. You can only play ONE word at a time.

4.If aword is challenged, the correction should be made by the person who catches it and play continues from the correction forward. If words are lost because of that, then shame on all for not catching it sooner. Before you "change" a word, please make ABSOLUTELY CERTAINit truly ISN'T acceptable by looking it up in the final source. See next rule.

5. (as suggested by Desperado).The following is the final source onacceptable words, if you can't find it here, it'sNOT acceptable:

Please note: in this source the plural tense of a three letter word can often only be found by looking up the singular.ex: LIDSis only listed in source under LID.

6. On occasion players post simultaneously creating a double thread. The game moves on from the FIRST new word to be posted. Please take a second after posting to look back and make sure this has not happened to you. If it has then edit and change your word to follow the word that was posted first. That has been the unspoken "gentlemen's" rule of this game since day one and has helped to keep it a friendly game.

7. PLAY NICE! NO TROLLING, FLAMING OR RUDE REMARKS ABOUT ANY OTHER PLAYER PLEASE! THIS GAME WAS CREATED AS A PLACE FOR FUN AND TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THE HEATED EXCHANGES THAT SOMETIMES OCCUR ON OTHER THREADS.

This topic was edited
RE: FORUM SCRABBLE Part XVII

Hehe, well Tom, three identical posts adding "LEFT" is sure the RIGHT way of getting a higher number of posts. But such technical surprises happen.

This post was edited

Gosh, looks like I've been almost the only one adding words here earlier in this thread!
I want to clarify that I've NOT added two words in the same post. Until yesterday (July 22nd) TomTierny
was very active adding words here (see my comment in post #22). But it seems he has withdrawn his membership. Im sorry to see that, Tom was very active in this forum. When a membership is ended all posts made in all forums are deleted.
/Andy

This post was edited

NickyBigC, please observe that you forgot to add the word added by NudeJohnny in #31, KITS, after my previous posting of HITS.
-
The last words now, after NickyBigC's posting: ...HITS KITS WITS
-
/Andy

This post was edited

veal

This post was edited

Nah, I'm not mad at anybody. I was away for the weekend. Haven't found a way out of this impasse yet. Will spend some time this evening when I get home from work to see if there is anyway out of this...

Jen

This post was edited

okay...for the game to continue on, we would need to go back two turns and ask Andy to play something other than NOGG (there are 5 options I've come up with). Otherwise, after just over 6 months, the game is officiallyended at 1,497 words. Will message him right now (and dblblondluv - this affects they're last turn as well) and ask...if Andy is willing to change and dblblond doesn't have a problem forfeiting their last turn, then the game will continute on...

Jen

This post was edited

Hi there, sorry for late answer, but I'm not logged in so often for a period due to travelling. Sure, if a slight change is needed, let's do it!
I'll find another word than NOGG, in order to hopefully get the game going further.
This means that my posting of NOGG and the posting of HOGG (by DblBlondeLuv) is no longer valid. We move on from my next posting.
/Andy

This post was edited

There is some bug in the system spreading the text with double
spacing. When copying my previous text, with no extra spacing, and pasting it
into a new post, it shows up with double spacing after submitting. It's too much work going through all the text in order to remove all the extra line feeds. Sorry.

This post was edited

Can anyone explain why these non-wanted extra spacings occur??? I copied the words in the post previous to mine, pasted them into a Word document, removed all extra line feeds and made sure it was minimum spacing. Then copy all of it and paste it into a reply here. But there are unwanted extra line feeds anyway!!!??? How come?? It's so ennoying!
Later adding: Even more surprising is that when I returned to edit a minor error in the post and submitted the slightly edited post - it shows up without all those extra line feeds! Might be something to try for others posting here, just open your recent post for editing, then submit it again. No need to edit anything, just submit again. Worth a try.

This post was edited

I tried my own advice on one of my previous posts and it worked! Just opened the post with extra spacing and line feeds, then submitted again. Result - the extra line feeds disappeared.

This post was edited