RE:What did you do nude in the outdoors recently?

Just took a nude swim in neighbors pool at their invite. Then walked home nude. :)

Were the neighbors nude in their pool also?

This post was edited

If you reread my post you will see there is nothing there about being exhibitionist. I know fully well what it means to live a clothes free life. However several of the responses indicate nudity not in ones own backyard or other natural space but rather public places where nudity is not the norm and the design seems to be seen or escape being seen. I guess if that is what is being thought of as exhibitionist then the maxim if the shoe fits would apply.So my question remains what is the motivation for that kind of nudity. (Note I didnt use the words exhibitionism or nudism to describe the behavior)I don't think it has to do with being an exhibitionist, but rather trying to live a clothes free lifestyle as much as possible.

Okay, you didn't use the word exhibitionist or exhibitionism, but you did type wanting to be seen. There are many of us that will partake in being nude in public places, as I've stated, and not want to be seen but rather enjoy those areas, deemed public, nude while no one else is around.

This post was edited

Today I started the pool pump, vacuumed the pool, swam a little, caught up on email and social media, shocked the pool.

This post was edited

Took the trash to the street a little after 6:00am,. I worked from 9:30pm to 6:00am so it was much later than normal. It was still dark out, but the lights were on in a few of my neighbor's houses.

This post was edited

Okay, you didn't use the word exhibitionist or exhibitionism, but you did type wanting to be seen. There are many of us that will partake in being nude in public places, as I've stated, and not want to be seen but rather enjoy those areas, deemed public, nude while no one else is around.

My opinion. For what its worth

Me preferring to be naked is my choice, my desire, I am not naked for the entertainment of others .

This post was edited

I realize there are people who call themselves nudist who think every nudist is a little exhibitionist. That is one of the reasons I dont use the word to describe myself. I opt for naturist instead because at least for the time being naturist have a set of principles and values beyond getting naked. Here are the ones that I live by there were developed by noted naturist philosopher, author and film maker Marc Alain Decamps

The rehabilitation of the human body and sexuality
The vital need for close contact with nature
The capacity for self-control
The management of looks
Non-discrimination and the challenge of stigma

All that to say those guide my behavior while nude. My attempt to understand the motivation behind the behavior of others seemed to have touched a nerve. The reactions seem defensive and visceral to me and I am curious as to why. Especially since some seem to want to put words in my mouth that I intentionally did not use so as not to assume any particular motivation.

This post was edited

So my question remains what is the motivation for that kind of nudity...

Hello, since I once started this tread and still feel connected to it, I'll venture an answer from my point of view ...

- for me it feels great to be naked outdoors in nature. For example, hiking, paddling, swimming or simply on the beach.
- It's a sensual experience.
- it's practical, you don't have to worry about washing clothes or changing your swimwear.
- it's primarily about my own well-being and not about wanting to present myself naked to others.
- I used to use it sometimes to be a bit provocative or to show how brave or cheeky I am. Just like young people use to try standing out from the crowd. But this is not my motivation today.

I've already explained this several times, but it's been specifically asked about here. I am well aware that everyone has their own definition of nudism.

As here the labelling nudist or naturist was mentioned too: I guess a naturist as a more holistic view on his life, not only by runnimng around nekkid, but also concerning other impacts of life. For example I think no real naturist would consider to travel by plane and burn tons of cerosine only to spent a week at a nudist beach on some nice island tousand od miles away. I think nudism is a preference, wile naturism is a a fundamental life attitude. Just two different dimensions and not to compare.

This post was edited

This has been a nice morning to be outside nude; the temperature is moderate, it's overcast and softly raining and all the trees, grass and plants are perking up. Being able to enjoy it nude with my coffee just makes it a very pleasant feel. No one can see me & I get to enjoy the sounds and sights of nature. I think this is what it's really about.

This post was edited

Thank you for sharing your perspective it is helpful and very insightful. It speaks to how our motivations around nudity can and do evolve over time with more and varied experiences.

I can resonate with that since once I experienced social component of naturism it changed my perspective which was based previously only in an online experience.
Thanks again
Hello, since I once started this tread and still feel connected to it, I'll venture an answer from my point of view ...- for me it feels great to be naked outdoors in nature. For example, hiking, paddling, swimming or simply on the beach.- It's a sensual experience.- it's practical, you don't have to worry about washing clothes or changing your swimwear.- it's primarily about my own well-being and not about wanting to present myself naked to others.- I used to use it sometimes to be a bit provocative or to show how brave or cheeky I am. Just like young people use to try standing out from the crowd. But this is not my motivation today.

This post was edited

Was just on vacation in the tropics, so got to swim nude in the pacific ocean and relax on the beach

This post was edited